Center for Lifelong Learning
The Center for Lifelong Learning began in March 2003. It is a monthly program for adults 55+ that focuses on education and fellowship. A seminar in the morning is followed by a delicious lunch. The seminars are on a variety of topics from “How to Spot an Antique”, to “50 years of Space”, and “The Religious Journey of Thomas Jefferson”. This is a great opportunity to have a day in the beautiful surroundings of the Phoebe Needles Center for learning and fellowship.
This is a membership program that costs $45 per person or $65 per couple. The seminars are offered at no cost to members, and $8 to non-members. Lunch is $10 per person.
For the year 2021, membership will be from April 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022.
Please complete the membership form and send payment to Phoebe Needles Center, Inc. Checks should be endorsed to: Phoebe Needles Center, Inc.
You may also register for the program by phone or email:
(540)-483-1518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may pay online using PayPal.
I have attended the Center for Lifelong Learning for more than 15 years. Programs are consistently interesting and inspiring, and help us recognize life’s wonders and challenges as they evolve. The fellowship of learning, discussing, dining, and laughing together have been a blessing for me and many others who attend. We are so fortunate to have Phoebe Needles Center, Inc. in our rural and far-flung county. My participation in the CLL keeps me on my toes mentally, spiritually, and socially as it enriches my life each month.
Our 2021 Schedule
- January 12th – “Microhistory: America and Abroad” with Dr. Michael Hancock-Parmer
- February 9th – “The Power of Your Influence” with Anthony Swann
- March 9th – “Bystanders Protecting Children” with Wendie Dungan
- April 13th – “Phoebe Needles Mountain Band” with Alan Messenger and Friends
- May 11th – “TBD” with TBD
- June 8th – “TBD” with Dr. Jennifer Irish
- July 13th – “Organic vs. Non-Organic Farming” with Dr. Tim Durham
- August 10th – “TBD” with Betsy Ashton
- September 14th – “Climate Crisis” with Dr. Michael Bentley
- October 12th – “TBD” with Dr. Martha Kuchar
- November 9th – “TBD” with Rick Watson
- December 14th – “A Phoebe Needles Christmas” with TBD