What’s New at Phoebe Needles
Phoebe Needles will be hosting a Music in the Mountains program on March 21st, 2021. There is no charge for the program, and all donations go to the summer camp fund. This program will supplement, celebrate, and promote Phoebe Needles’ first year participating in Roanoke Valley Gives, occurring online on March 10th, 2021. Check our Facebook and sign up to receive our emails for upcoming information on the performing musicians and the time of the event.
On Saturdays throughout the remainder of 2020 and pre-camp season 2021, Phoebe Needles will be hosting a variety of fun and engaging activities to help you escape the COVID-19 blues. Much like the “Days @ Phoebe Needles” programs in the summer of 2020, there will be archery, sling-shot paintball, climbing tower, games, arts & crafts, tie-dye a shirt for $10, and much more! The cost of the day (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) is $20, and we just ask you bring a lunch, a mask, and an attitude ready for excitement and fun! You may find out more information here!
To register, please call (540)-483-1518, email PNCenter@gmail.com, or visit our website, phoebeneedles.org.
Chris Prillaman and friends will be performing at Phoebe Needles Center, Inc. in Callaway, Virginia on October 17th, 2020 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The concert will be outdoors by Phoebe Needles Hall, so bring your own chair. There is no charge for the program; however, any donations received will go toward the summer camp fund. This allows us to make summer camp possible for all youth, regardless of their ability to pay.
Chris Prillaman is an old-time fiddler that has played at the Floyd Country Store. He owns Twin Creek Distilleries in Rocky Mount, Virginia.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK and social distance with anyone not living in your household. Masks must be worn for the use of indoor bathrooms. Bring your own lawn chair as the program is outside. Dress is casual. If you wish to attend, please RSVP by calling Phoebe Needles Center, Inc. at (540)-483-1518 or by emailing PNCenter@gmail.com. For more information on Phoebe Needles Center, Inc., visit our website at https://www.phoebeneedles.org.
Do you miss summer camp? Are you looking for something fun to do during your COVID-19-modified routine? JOIN US for Youth Saturday @ Phoebe Needles! Specified Saturdays during the off-season of summer camp will feature an entire day of fun-filled, challenging, and awesome activities in which youth may participate.
From 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., youth may adventure onto the low ropes courses, use the climbing tower, participate in archery, paintball, games, arts and crafts, and more!
Phoebe Needles in the News
- “Music in the mountains at the Phoebe Needles Center benefits summer camp programs” – Franklin News Post, September 2020
- Check out our ONLINE CAMP program on Channel 12’s Facebook!
- “Phoebe Needles Center to offer virtual summer camp” – Frankln News Post, May 2020
- Carwash to be held Thursday – Franklin News Post, July 2019
- Active seniors see benefits from exercise – Franklin News Post, July 2019
- Phoebe Needles Center presents “The Struggle for Wilderness” – Franklin News Post, June 2019
- Phoebe Needles Center to host Spring Gathering – Franklin News Post, April 2019
- Center for Lifelong Learning Celebrates 15 Years – Franklin News Post, February 2019
- Local groups team up to give back – Franklin News Post, October 2018
- Franklin launches barlt train quil – Franklin News Post, September 2018
- International camp counselors come to Phoebe Needles Center – Franklin News Post, June 2018
- Phoebe Needles provides a great summer camp – The Roanoke Times, June 2018
- Seniors learn about safety at self-defense workshop – Franklin News Post, May 2018
- ‘Power of Slave Narratives’ explained – Franklin News Post, February 2018
- Calendars fill up with holiday cheer– Franklin News Post, November 2017
- English and Kiwi staffers add multicultural flair to Phoebe Needles summer camp – Franklin News Post, July 2017
- Phoebe Needles Center celebrates 100th anniversary – Franklin News Post, May 2017
- Ready for summer-time fun – Franklin News Post, April 2017
- Barn Quilt Trail’s popularity grows – Franklin News Post, March 2017
- Macklin to speak at the Phoebe Needles Center – Franklin News Post, February 2017
- Needles Center starts series – Franklin News Post, January 2017
- Rev. John Heck on Channel 12’s “Rise and Shine” show – March 2016
- Summer camps offer unique experiences – Franklin News Post, March 2016
- Phoebe Needles camps have international flair – Franklin News Post, July 2015
- Phoebe Needles camps ready to roll for summer – Franklin News Post, May 2014
- Phoebe Needles summer camps will start soon – Franklin News Post, June 2013
- Stations of the Cross: Eagle Scout chooses spiritual project – Franklin News Post, July 2012
- The Phoebe Needles Center: Historic mission school still focuses on youth – Franklin News Post, June 2012
- Phoebe Needles Center campers do great work – Franklin News Post, August 2011
- A Summer of Service – Franklin News Post, August 2011
- Suds and Snacks for Storm – Franklin News Post, July 2011