What’s New at Phoebe Needles
The Phoebe Needles Mountain Band with Alan Messenger and friends will be performing at Phoebe Needles Center, Inc. in Callaway, Virginia on September 19th, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. The concert will be outdoors by Phoebe Needles Hall, so bring your own chair.
There is no charge for the program; however, any donations received will go toward the summer camp fund. This allows us to make summer camp possible for all youth, regardless of their ability to pay.
The quilt raffle will also be held at the event. The quilt is called “Rough Road to Dublin.” It is 106” x 106,” a King/Queen size. It was pieced by Marian Serge and quilted by Cathy Fandel. You may buy a raffle ticket for $10, or you may buy three raffle tickets for $25 dollars. Encourage your friends to buy raffle tickets as well! All proceeds go towards the Phoebe Needles summer camp fund. There is no need to be present to win the raffle.
Please join us for a wonderful music program, fellowship, and refreshments.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK and social distance with anyone not living in your household. Masks must be worn for the use of indoor bathrooms. Bring your own lawn chair as the program is outside. Dress is casual. If you wish to attend, please RSVP by calling Phoebe Needles Center, Inc. at (540)-483-1518, or by email at PNCenter@gmail.com. For more information on Phoebe Needles Center, Inc., visit our website at https://www.phoebeneedles.org.
On October 10th, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., sell your crafts and handmade goods at the Phoebe Needles Artisan Fair! There is a $25 vendor registration fee, and 10% of your final sales go to Phoebe Needles Center, Inc.’s summer camp program. We have wifi available for processing online payments. We will set up the event on October 9th, 2020, the day before the event. There are 20 slots available for artisans. If youhave any questions, please call (540)-483-1518 and ask for Matthew Perry. Payment of registration fee can be made through PayPal, mailed check, or over the phone with a credit card.
Join us on September 19th, 2020 for our Fall Gathering! There will be a quilt raffle, music, games, free food, and more! Donations for our summer camp fund are welcome.
This summer, we are conducting our camp programs differently, providing safe and responsible ways for everyone to have FUN! We are offering Micro-Camps, Days @ Phoebe Needles, and a Virtual Online Adult Camp!
Phoebe Needles in the News
- “Music in the mountains at the Phoebe Needles Center benefits summer camp programs” – Franklin News Post, September 2020
- Check out our ONLINE CAMP program on Channel 12’s Facebook!
- “Phoebe Needles Center to offer virtual summer camp” – Frankln News Post, May 2020
- Carwash to be held Thursday – Franklin News Post, July 2019
- Active seniors see benefits from exercise – Franklin News Post, July 2019
- Phoebe Needles Center presents “The Struggle for Wilderness” – Franklin News Post, June 2019
- Phoebe Needles Center to host Spring Gathering – Franklin News Post, April 2019
- Center for Lifelong Learning Celebrates 15 Years – Franklin News Post, February 2019
- Local groups team up to give back – Franklin News Post, October 2018
- Franklin launches barlt train quil – Franklin News Post, September 2018
- International camp counselors come to Phoebe Needles Center – Franklin News Post, June 2018
- Phoebe Needles provides a great summer camp – The Roanoke Times, June 2018
- Seniors learn about safety at self-defense workshop – Franklin News Post, May 2018
- ‘Power of Slave Narratives’ explained – Franklin News Post, February 2018
- Calendars fill up with holiday cheer– Franklin News Post, November 2017
- English and Kiwi staffers add multicultural flair to Phoebe Needles summer camp – Franklin News Post, July 2017
- Phoebe Needles Center celebrates 100th anniversary – Franklin News Post, May 2017
- Ready for summer-time fun – Franklin News Post, April 2017
- Barn Quilt Trail’s popularity grows – Franklin News Post, March 2017
- Macklin to speak at the Phoebe Needles Center – Franklin News Post, February 2017
- Needles Center starts series – Franklin News Post, January 2017
- Rev. John Heck on Channel 12’s “Rise and Shine” show – March 2016
- Summer camps offer unique experiences – Franklin News Post, March 2016
- Phoebe Needles camps have international flair – Franklin News Post, July 2015
- Phoebe Needles camps ready to roll for summer – Franklin News Post, May 2014
- Phoebe Needles summer camps will start soon – Franklin News Post, June 2013
- Stations of the Cross: Eagle Scout chooses spiritual project – Franklin News Post, July 2012
- The Phoebe Needles Center: Historic mission school still focuses on youth – Franklin News Post, June 2012
- Phoebe Needles Center campers do great work – Franklin News Post, August 2011
- A Summer of Service – Franklin News Post, August 2011
- Suds and Snacks for Storm – Franklin News Post, July 2011